Minister of Communication and Information: 5,000 Stalled BTS Projects Will Be Completed Next Week Tech – 48 minutes ago


Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – Minister of Communication and Information (Menkominfo) Budi Arie Setiadi promised that the stalled 4G Base Transceiver Station (BTS) tower project will be completed next week.

“We hope that in the next week we can complete the stalled BTS,” he said at the launch of the White Paper on the National Strategy for the Development of Indonesia’s Digital Economy 2030, in Jakarta, Wednesday (6/12/2023).


Budi Arie admitted that he had reported to President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) regarding the completion of this BTS project. He ensured that the project could be completed and its services official in 2023.

“The President has reported this, sir, it is the one that is stalling, we will resolve the BTS which is stalling this year. We will inaugurate the service,” said Budi.

As previously reported, as many as 5,000 BTS were still the homework of the Kominfo Telecommunications and Information Accessibility Agency (Bakti).

The construction of the BTS was problematic due to the emergence of suspected corruption cases. The case involved former Minister of Communication and Information Johnny Plate and former Main Director of Bakti Anang Latif.

In the CNBC Indonesia Profit event not yet on this page, the Chairman of the Bakti Task Force, Sarwoto Atmosutarno, said that his party was confident that the project could be completed based on the trial.

“We met with the consortium to discuss whether the contract could be modified and implemented according to existing regulations[…]Continue to be assisted by colleagues who are members of the task force, the Ministry of Finance, and the Attorney General’s Office to find the right solution to speed things up. “Especially the BTS 4G,” he explained.

Regarding budgeting, Sarwoto admitted that there were some controls. However, with strategic planning it can be handled well.

“There is an opportunity there. If strategic and operational planning is accepted, the government will continue to support budgeting.” he explained.

[Gambas:Video CNBC]

Next Article

Cellular Operators Ask Minister of Communication and Information Budi Arie to Lower Prices

(fab/fab)